Affects all SoundStation2Ws manufactured before September 2010
SoundStation2W phones operating with old versions of software may experience an irrecoverable failure of registration between the base station and the phone. Polycom strongly recommends that all SoundStation2W conference phones operating with the specific software identified below be upgraded to the most recent software release available on the SoundStation2W support page.
How to check the version of the software running on your SoundStation2W:
- Press the ‘MENU’ button on the upper left of the keypad area, next to the phone display.
- Scroll down to the ‘THIS PHONE’ menu item using the ‘UP’/’DOWN’ ARROW keys on the right side of the display. Press the ‘SELECT’ button next to the arrow keys.
- Scroll down to the ‘SYSTEM INFORMATION’ menu item and press the ‘SELECT’ button to display the versions of software the phone is using.
Upgrade phones with following software:
DSP: Version 1.600 or Lower
All SoundStation2Ws with software DSP version 1.600 or lower are susceptible to this failure mechanism and should be updated. To upgrade the software, please download the ‘SoundStation2W Software Upgrade’ application and follow the detailed ‘Software Upgrade Instructions’ located on the SoundStation2W support page.
Required Equipment to Perform Upgrade:
- SoundStation2W conference phone
- USB Cable-- male to mini 5-pin male, such as those used for most digital cameras (not supplied with SoundStation2W)
- Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 - based computer capable of running an English-based installer program.
You may contact Polycom Support to request the required USB cable which is supplied with the following upgrade kit: SoundStation2W Upgrade Kit (2200-07874-503).
We are constantly striving to improve the performance and reliability of our products. Thank you for your business, and if you have any questions or concerns please contact support at 1-800-Polycom (1-800-765-9266).