This FAQ document provides additional clarifying information about the end of support for Poly Trio 8800 and Trio 8500 in Microsoft Teams mode.
The attached document has more information and answers these questions:
- What does Microsoft Teams end of support announcement for Trio 8800/8500 mean?
- Will the Microsoft Teams application on Trio 8800/8500 still work and allow me to sign my Trio into Microsoft Teams after the August 31, 2021 date? How about October 31, 2021?
- Does Poly have a promotion or program in place to help me move from Trio 8800/8500 for Microsoft to Trio C60 for Microsoft?
- What is the Poly Service cut-off date for any support after August 31, 2021?
- What options do I have for purchasing continued support services from Poly for my Trio 8800/8500 for Microsoft hardware after October 31, 2022?
- If a service contract extends beyond October 2021, what happens?
- Can my Trio 8800/8500 running Microsoft Teams mode be re-configured to work in other modes?
- If Trio conference phones are configured in Skype for Business mode, what features will be lost compared to Teams mode?
- Does the end of support for Trio 8800 and 8500 for Microsoft conference phones mean that
- they won’t be supported as USB speakerphones (to be used with Teams Rooms and computers)?
- How does the end of support for Trio 8800 and Trio 8500 for Microsoft impact my estate of Trio 8800/8500 Collaboration Kits with Visual+ or VisualPro operating in Skype for Business or ‘hybrid’ mode?