Escalation Criteria and Timeframes
>> The RPSS partner should escalate issues to Polycom technical support when a problem remains unsolved and:
- The RPSS technical support group has exhausted its knowledge including referring to:
- Polycom Knowledgebase
- Polycom Product Documentation
- Any other appropriate knowledge source at the RPSS Partner
- The RPSS technical support group has taken all reasonable steps to isolate, replicate, and troubleshoot in their lab environment
- Try and take steps to reproduce the issue in a lab environment.
- The RPSS technical support group seeks assistance in developing an appropriate action plan for resolution
- The issue has exceeded 48 business hours without resolution
- The customer is threatening to escalate to Polycom directly
General Information Needed When Escalating
>> When contacting Polycom support for assistance, please provide the following data:
>> Please note that failure to follow these escalation guidelines and to supply log file information may increase the time to resolution!
>> Product Families Listed Below in Detail:
- For best results, the RPSS technician should be onsite in front of the equipment so that Polycom can check settings real-time and perform needed testing. If remote access is all that is possible please let the Polycom agent know.
- The RPSS technician should have already removed or bypassed any third party devices in an attempt to isolate the problem to the Polycom product or identify the problem to inter-product compatibility.